Who are the Chamber Ambassadors?
Chamber Ambassadors are individuals who help represent and promote the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce, as well as promote their own business to other companies. The Ambassador Program consists of enthusiastic, outgoing professionals with diverse backgrounds that act as liaisons between the Chamber and its members. They possess leadership qualities and skills to promote Chamber programs and initiatives. Every Ambassador makes a commitment of 12 months to the program.
- They support and actively participate in the goals and action plan set forth by the Chamber Board of Directors
- They welcome and involve new members by encouraging participation in Chamber sponsor events
- They attend ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings, relocations and grand openings.
- They volunteer for *Chamber sponsor events such as Chamber Monthly Breakfast, Chamber Quarterly After Hours, Quarterly Business Workshops, and other opportunities that arise during the year
- They serve as mentors to Newcomers to our area and participate in a Quarterly Reception
- They recruit new members to the Chamber
Chamber Ambassadors 2014-15 group consists of members from the Cherokee County Connection Club.
The Ambassadors grow professionally and personally by building business relationships within the community. Getting involved with the Ambassador Program is one of the first steps you can take to become more involved with the Chamber. The program is ideal if you have a desire to become more active in the local business environment, raise awareness of your business or organization and give back to your community.
The Ambassador Program provides opportunities for you to connect with local business leaders and build lasting relationships. You will have an insider’s perspective of the local business community and a high level of prestige and credibility is extended to your business or occupation through your involvement with this well-respected goodwill group.
- Unlimited opportunities to gain new business contacts and develop relationships with fellow members and prospective Chamber members
- Gain recognition in the community as being one of the most valuable assets of the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce
- The opportunity to earn “Ambassador of the Quarter.” The “AOQ” will receive additional recognition in the local media Chamber News and as well as the Chamber NewVision Newsletter. The “AOQ” will be recognized on the Chamber’s website with their photo, business name and outstanding contribution to the Ambassador program
- Personal satisfaction for enhancing the community in which we live, work and play
Interested in becoming involved in the Chamber Ambassador Program?
Contact the Chamber at 256-927-8455 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*When attending any ceremony, use your business etiquette! Please remember: you are a guest of the Chamber and will be representing the Chamber as an Ambassador. When introducing yourself to the hosts, do not ask them to do business with you. This is a chance to start and build a new relationship – not to ask for business. Feel free to leave your business card so the member knows that you attended and becomes aware of your company or organization.
Ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings, relocations and grand openings – as scheduled – You will be notified when an event has been scheduled. Ambassadors will represent the Chamber, socialize and help with any ceremony activities.
Chamber Monthly Breakfast – held the second Thursday of each month beginning at 8:00am. Every breakfast is sponsored by a local business or organization. They provide the food and/or caterer. The Ambassadors will be asked to greet guests at the door, have guests sign-in (sheet provided by Chamber), name tags (provided by Chamber)and help direct guests.
Business Workshops – held 3-4 times a year. The Ambassadors will be asked to greet guests at the door, have guests sign-in (sheet provided by Chamber), name tags (provided by Chamber)and help direct guests. Put out refreshments provided by the Chamber (snacks, water, coffee)
New Comers Receptions – THIS IS A NEW EVENT - to begin soon. We will be partnering with local Realtors to obtain lists of new comers to our area. Ambassadors will meet, greet, socialize and help with any activities for the event. Put out refreshments provided by the Chamber (snacks, water, coffee)